My blog in Finnish (blogini suomeksi): Neula ja lankaa

Tuesday 21 July 2009

Vacation plans and something finished

My four weeks long summer vacation started yesterday and my head is full of cross stitching, sewing and crocheting ideas that I want to make. But the first project we are going to carry out is putting new wallpapers to our bedroom and hallway. It has been on our to-do-list for long time and now we are finally having time to do it. Before I tell you more about the wallpapers I'll show you one cross stitch project that I have finished. I gave it to my mum for her birthday. It's tin and I put some sweets inside it. The chart was designed by Lilian Kok for the Violarium's stitchers' weekend.


And now the wallpapers. For the bedroom I chose a brown wallpaper on one wall and lovely leaf patterned wallpaper for the other two. One wall is covered by closets so no wallpaper needed on that one.

Here is a pic of the wallpapers I chose for the bedroom:

For the hallway I chose this one. The pattern is an old pattern from 1874 and is now re-manufactured.
Here are the old wallpapers. As you can see they are horrid so you'll understand why I want new ones. :)
This is the one we now have on our bedroom walls.
And this unbelievable ugly, rubbery like surface is on our hallway walls. I don't understand why this was put on the walls in the first place but then again it was in 1980's so maybe that explains it... :D
But now I need to go and pack my suitcase since we are leaving early in the morning to Hämeenlinna to visit my brother and his fiancee. I will be away for the rest of the week so no wallpapering or cross stitching happening for a while. When we come back we'll put on our dungarees and start making a big mess and hopefully beautiful walls. :)

6 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Love that stitcher's weekend finish...how lovely!
And your new wall paper is gorgeous! Good luck on the hanging of it...that always puts me in a bad mood :)

Ginnie said...

I love your stitching finish on a tin, great gift. Lovely new wallpapers too.... I really must get some more decorating done at my house.... but I can't get motivated!

Cindy F. said...

Beautifully finished tin Sari!!
and very pretty wallpaper choices!
Have fun on your vacation:)

Carla said...

Beautiful tin!!
Enjoy your vacations :)

Daffycat said...

Have a good visit with your brother, Sari!

I love home redecorating...making messes is my specialty! That wallpaper in your hall is horrid, it's great you can get rid of it!

Micki said...

Your stitching is wonderful! Enjoy your vacation!
Micki