I can feel the spirit of Christmas right around the corner. So I decided to create a free pattern of one of Santa's reindeers.
So here is my very first pattern designs. It's based on free silhouette pictures that I found online.
It is for personal use only, do not sell the pattern or share it. If you like to tell a friend please direct them to my blog to download the pattern.
As the Autumn aproaches I went through my boots and other fall shoes. I came across these black boots. I haven't had a heart to throw them away even though shafts are really ragged. I already put them in the trash pile when I started to think what if...
I took a closer look at the boots and saw there is a seam on a perfect hight to make them ankle boots! So let the upcycling begin.
Shafts looking really bad
First I cut the shafts off being very careful not to cut the lining. I cut the zipper and the lining shorter.
The I trimmed the lining and zipper about 1cm above the seam. I secured the lining and zipper with pins...
... and started sewing by hand. I broke one needle since I started with too thin needle. :)
This is how the boots look after I was done. I really like them. They have a couple of wears left in them now. :)
My aunt was watching pictures of my cross stitched projects and loved them. She asked if I could stitch a Christening gift for her son's little daughter. I said yes and showed her a couple of charts and she picked Lili of the Valley's chart "Wish Upon a Star".
The little ballerina in the chart has a blond hair but I changed the colours to brown since the little girl has a lot of long brown hair. :) The colours I used were DMC 3031, 3862 ja 3864. A long time ago I bought a DMC colour map book and it was very helpful in finding the right colours. It has real threads on it so you can see exactly what the colours look like.
I finished the stitching as a small pillow and found the perfect polka dot fabric for the backround. I also attached a lace ribbon to the sides.
I'll stitch her name on this when I go and see her. I didn't know it since in Finland the name is not usually announced before the Christening.
I have been stitching a lot during the Easter. I finished three projects I had started earlier.
This on I finished last night. Pattern is "Un tour dans mon Sac" by CMon Monde. I love how this turned out on the purple fabric. I used Atalie's Onyx instead the Gentle Art's Onyx that was called for in the pattern.
This one I finished on 6th of April. I love Vincent Van Gogh's art so this Cloudsfactory's Mini Artist Galleries - Vincent Van Gogh was a had-to-get pattern. So cute!
The Hop to it!-bunny from The Cross Stitcher magazine's issue 290 got it's last stitches on 5th of April.
I need to make something with these. I guess the Van Gogh will be framed but no idea what I do with the other two. Good ideas are welcomed. :)
The World of Cross Stitching magazine had Bebunni calendar last autumn. We had a cross stitch meeting and this calendar caused a sudden EEK!BUNNIES!CUTE! screams in several people. And I also had to get it. :) Outi and I then decided to have a private cute bunny exchange.
I stitched this bicycle riding bunny Outi chose. I attached it to this case which has a glass on its door. She can use it to store jewelry, letters or other treasures.
Hidden in the case: bunny poop and bunny tails (aka chocolate raisins and marshmallows) and other surprises. :)
I also sew her a reversible bunny appliquéd bag.
I got this awesome appron from Outi! I absolutely love it! The bunny I chose is stitched on the pocket. There was also a japanese bunny tablecloth, yarn, cute bunny buttons and a muffin tin.
I have been cross stitching but most of them have been secret projects so no pics earlier.
I took part in a Birthday exchange last year. Due to my new work and 500km move to a new city I did not have the time or the energy to fulfill my commitments. :( So, I have been making amends this year. First one I made is a birthday present to Mia. I saw this clock design in the newest Cross Stitcher (issue 289) and was so motivated that I stitched and finished it in two days. I finished this on 8th of February. I changed the colour from blue to red and used an old clock mechanism. I just cut the hands to a right lenght.
I also made one small side project to cheer my friend up. I made her a keyring. The skull is from my head (pun intended ;)) and the blackwork pattern is from an old freebie print I have.
"Skull from my own head"
Today I finished a "travel project" I've had for years. Lizzie Kate´s "Christmas is forever" almost got finished during the Christmas time but the light blue thread ran out. I have a light blue thread for a secret project and I thought maybe it will be ok. It was exactly the right yarn so off I went and finished! I haven't decided what this will be.
I was shopping with my friend and saw this beautiful pink yarn on sale. Eventhough my goal is to reduce the amount of yarn I have I still bought four skeins (200g). I justified it with a promise to knit them right away. :)
For a while I have been meaning to knit a gardigan for my dear niece. So I already knew in the store that the yarn is going to be a pretty little sweater for her. The yarn is perfect in weight, colour and it is also machine washable.
It took me a few hours rummaging through the internet before I found the perfect pattern, Sunnyside. I knit the "girlie" version of it with the picot edge.