My blog in Finnish (blogini suomeksi): Neula ja lankaa

Saturday 11 July 2009

Piglet handbag

I was flipping through an online stores sale section earlier this week and came across a pretty little Piglet kit. My friend loves Piglet so I just had to click click the kit to the cart. :) And of course I didn't want him to be lonely so I also added one Pooh kit too. They arrived on Tuesday and I stitched Piglet right away. I wanted to make a bag from it and went to buy the fabric yesterday. First I was thinking about a tote but then realised that Piglet wants to be on a handbag. I found a great free bag pattern from Ottobre and cut the fabric and sewed the bag last night. I was thinking about giving it to my friend as a birthday present but as it is sooooo long before her birthday I just went over and gave it to her last night as soon as I finished the bag. :D I have promised her that I teach her to cross stitch so I said that the bag was the first part of her birthday present and the second part is that I will help her to stitch the same Piglet and I'll make a wallet for her from it, matching the handbag of course. I sewed a little loop inside the bag and attached a carabin key chain for her keys so they won't get lost to the bottom of the bag. The Piglet picture is also a pocket. The pocket really is sewn straight eventhough it looks like it's really crooked in the picture. :)


Oh and I found another two giveaways. Clare is having a great Frog Giveaway here.

Green Fairy Quilts has four lovely thin$sg to give away. Go and take part here.


8 comments:

Lula said...

aw such a sweet bag!

Daffycat said...

Oh wow, what an awesome bag! Sari, you're amazing!


I would not have been able to wait before giving it either!!!

stitchersanon said...

That is a wonderful bag! How clever and how cute!

Nita said...

OOhh - I love this bag. I looked up the link for Ottobre - lots of fun freebies there.
Can't wait to see your Pooh bag. I'd love to make an Eeyore ("thanks for noticing me" - my fave quote)

Ginnie said...

Great bag, and a cute piglet. Will have to look up Ottobre too !!

Pauline said...

Very pretty. I laughed when I read that you didn't want Piglet to be lonely so you added Pooh- very funny!

Mich said...

Wow, what a really cute bag this has become !!

Micki said...

The bag is so cute! I love Piglet!
Micki