My blog in Finnish (blogini suomeksi): Neula ja lankaa

Saturday 25 July 2009

A green bag and some vacations photos

I'm back at home after visiting my brother and his fiancee in Hämeenlinna. We had a lot of fun. :) On Tuesday night I finished a crocheted bag that had been a wip for so long it almost became an ufo. I was making it for my mother so I had it ready just in time before we left on Wednesday morning as she was coming with us. The yarn is Avanti Cotton by Marks & Kattens and the desing is from my head. I crocheted a little pocket inside the bag for a cell phone.


On Thursday we went to Särkänniemi Adventure Park in Tampere. There was only one ride called Tornado I didn't have courage to go on to but my husband and brother went. We also went up to Näsinneula Tower (it's 168 metres high but the deck we went to was at 120 metres) and I took this photo from there. You can see the Adventure Park at the bottom of it. Another high place for a person with fear of hights. :D

We also went to see the lovely dolphins at the Dolphinarium. Aren't they cute!


Today after leaving Hämeenlinna we visited the Häme Castle. I really like castles. It's nice to walk around there and imagine the life back in the middle age.


This is the courtyard of the castle.
And this is the Main Hall.
And this is me as a nobel lady in one of the chambers! :D

9 comments:

Babs said...

I like that bag. That's a handbag I would love to wear too ;-)

Unknown said...

Hi, Sari--me again--you're a quick visitor! Love that. Why don't you edit my comment and just leave the one blog address in there for my peace of mind? I appreciate your thoughtfulness in doing so. I look forward to following your blog and seeing all of your beautiful creations. Maybe I'll even pick up the craft again, myself, and try to muddle through it once again.

:)

Srinity said...

I couldn't edit Elle's comment so I deleted it and added it here edited. I left off the part about the blogs. I added the other blog on my list so I can go and read it.
Thank you for your lovely comment. I hope you'll pick up a craft again. :)

Elle said...

Hi, Sari--just stumbled upon your blog and am impressed with how talented you are. This is a beautiful bag. I used to cross-stitch and quilt until my vision started making it difficult. (I'm nearsighted, and it's hard to look back and forth from a pattern to the material--everything starts to blur.)

Margaret said...

Hi I have just come across your blog and have had a great time looking at your photos. Lovely bag

Unknown said...

I agree with the girls - that bag is beautiful!!

Daffycat said...

Oooo, what a gorgeous handbag!

Lovely pictures of the castle. LOL I love the mod electric lamp next to you in the last photo ~ what atmosphere!

Lillie said...

Lovely photos of your trip.
The bag is indeed beautiful

Cindy F. said...

Beautiful crocheted bag Sari!! I'm sure your mother will love it!

I really enjoy your pics! these are incredible! What a nice vacation!

Unknown said...

nice bag! I love bags! I have never enough!!!