My blog in Finnish (blogini suomeksi): Neula ja lankaa

Sunday 27 March 2011

"E" as Eija and "Baa" as a sheep

I took part in a freebie exchange at Finnish exchange blog Lennun ristipistovaihdot. The theme was to stitch and finish something with a freebie chart. I made this little sewing box for Eija. The chart for the "E" in the cover is from Filanthrope Broderies Floral Alphabet chart, I stitched using blue as it's one of Eija's favourite colours. I finished this by covering the box with fabric that has blue tones and also made a padding inside so the scissors and other stuff wouldn't rattle inside it. :) And as I always forget something, this time I forgot to take a photo of the inside, you can see it here.


I got this gorgeous and very neatly finished bag from Anni. She told me that the chart is from gigir.canalblog.com blogi and I just love those sheep! One of my favourite colours is green and this has just the perfect tones of green. Thank you Anni!


The spring should be here by now but we still have minus degrees here in Finland. But the sun is shining and the birds are singing so I think the spring is just around the corner. It really is, look! :D

2 comments:

Timi said...

The sewing box you've made is lovely!! And I like the sheep!!!:o)
Spring is here :o), at least in Hungary...:o)

Sally said...

Lovely exchange pieces. The sewing box you made is gorgeous and I love the sheep bag!