My blog in Finnish (blogini suomeksi): Neula ja lankaa

Sunday 31 May 2009

Our honeymoon vacation

On the 18th of May 09 we stepped on an airplane that was heading to Charles de Gaulle airport, Paris. For a while we didn't have a clue how we would get from the airport to Disneyland and since my french is really really rusty and my husband's non-existing we didn't understand the man in the information booth... We did finally find the right bus which took us to the Disneyland's own bus and we were on our way. On the first evening we had time for a dinner, a short walk around the Disney Village and one cider. :)


On the next day we went to the Walt Disney Studios. There was a couple of thrilling rides, a lot of fun! We also met Dale and he let us take a photo of him with us. :) We also saw an umbrella store called The Umbrellas of Cherbourg and I just had to pose in front of it.

On Wednesday we took a day trip to Paris. The bus left at 10 a.m. and came back after 7 p.m. It was a long but amazing day. The bus drove around all the biggest attractions and we stopped to take pictures of the Eiffel tower before we went to the Louvre. We had only two hours time to visit the Louvre so we didn't see a lot. But we did see Mona Lisa (didn't make a big impression I must confess...), Venus de Milo (she's beautiful), other great sculptures and paintings and some Egyption antiquities. From the Louvre we went to the Eiffel tower and the lift took us to the second floor. It's 115 metres high and I have a fear of hights so the Eiffel tower was the buggest thrill of the whole vacation for me! :D Too bad we didn't have time to go to the top floor since we had to catch our boat. We went on a boat trip along the river Seine. Wow! That was really great and we loved it. We were tired and happy when we returned to our hotel.




Holding on to the rail... and for my dear life! :D

On the boat. Happy passengers. :)


On Thursday we went to the Disneyland Park. We had already been there on Tuesday but we only saw a small part then before the park closed. Everything there was really beautiful and the buildings were well made. It was like we were inside of a story book. :)







I just have to accept that my husband is not the chosen king. :)

Just some luggage...not much right?


We met Winnie the Pooh at our hotel.

On our last night we had dinner at this marvelous castle.
I think these photos tell you that we had a great vacation. :)

And some cross stitching to finish this post. This one is for an exchange so I'll only show a little sneak-a-peak. :)



7 comments:

stitchersanon said...

I have been really looking forward to hearing how your honeymoon was, and wow. I am thrilled for you. The photographs are fantastic, and should be in a travel brochure now. I want to go lol!!!
So pleased you had such a good time. Well done for going up the Eiffel tower...I do not think you would get me up there!!!
Thank you for sharing your special time with us.

Daffycat said...

Wow! What awesome pictures! It looks like a wonderful holiday! Was the weather as nice as it seems?

Love green stitches...can't wait to see more!

Srinity said...

The weather was perfect. On Tuesday and Thursday it rained once for like 5 minutes and then it was all sunny and warm again. :)

Julie said...

Beautiful pictures, what a wonderful time you both had

Ranae said...

Those are wonderful photo's, Thanks for sharing with us.
I love that mailart you received, you have been getting fab mail lately.

Ginnie said...

What lovely photos, I have been to Disneyland Paris but never been to the city.... even though I want to!

Lillie said...

Thank you for sharing the wonderful photos of your trip.