My blog in Finnish (blogini suomeksi): Neula ja lankaa

Tuesday 20 January 2009

Some progress on a big project

Even though it's been really quiet here in my blog I have done something. :) Most of the time I have been planning our wedding party on 14th of March. I have made the part of the invitations that need to be printed to a pearlescent paper, later this week I'll cut the other parts and put the invitations together. Hopefully they are ready to be sent next week. As it's not going to be warm in Finland on mid March so I have started to sew a short hoodless cloak with fake fur going around the edges. The colours is burgundy since my wedding dress is not white. I'll post a picture of the cloak as soon as it's all done. Another project for the wedding outfit are long mittens (or gloves if I feel like knitting the fingers :)) from a Alpakka from Teetee. I use the colour 202 for the mittens and sew flowers or swirls on them with the 2055.


I also started to knit the Skull Isle Cap for my husband (yes, we are already married, we are now having our marriage blessed in a church and have the wedding party :) ), the pattern is from a book Son of a Stitch 'n Bitch.

Most of the other projects are at the waiting list now but I'm sure I can't be away of my cross stitching for a long so maybe after the invitations are on their way I have some time to stitch a bit. :)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Congrats with your wedding, I'm looking forward to see the things for it you made yourself. Hope the weather will be not to bad on your weddingday.

Julie said...

How wonderful